Medicare Advantage Plans
12 Things You Need to Know if You Have a Medicare Advantage plan.
- You’re still in the Medicare Program.
- You still have Medicare rights and protections.
- You still get complete Part A and Part B coverage through the plan.
- You can only join a plan at certain times during the year. In most cases, you’re enrolled in a plan for a year.
- You can join a Medicare Advantage Plan even if you have a pre-existing condition, except for End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- You can check with the plan before you get a service to find out if it’s covered and what your costs may be.
- You have to follow plan rules. For instance you have to get a referral to see a specialist to avoid higher costs if your plan requires it. The specialist you’re referred to must also be in the plan’s network . Check with your plan.
- There are costs associated with going to a doctor, facility or supplier that is outside the plan In most cases, this applies to Medicare Advantage HMOs and PPOs.
- Some clinical research study costs may be covered. Check with your plan.
- Costs for certain services like chemotherapy, dialysis, and skilled nursing facility care are the same as Original Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage Plans have an annual cap on how much you pay for Part A and Part B services during the year. This annual maximum out-of-pocket amount can be different between Medicare Advantage Plans so it pays to compare plans.
- If the plan you selected decides to stop participating in Medicare you’ll have to join another Medicare health plan or return to Original Medicare.
Contact e-TeleQuote today to find out more and get a quote on a Medicare Advantage Plan. We can help make your search for the best Medicare Advantage Plans easy and stress-free!