Medicare Basics Guide from easyMedicare.com
easyMedicare.com’s “Making Sense of Medicare: The Medicare Basics” guide was created to help people navigate through the complex world of Medicare. The guide is short, informative, and easy to understand. The guide answers important Medicare-related questions about Medicare plans, eligibility, open enrollment and more. The guide is free and ready to download at the person’s convenience.
Topics Discussed in the Medicare Basics Guide
1. Medicare Overview
- Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B do not cover everything (Example: Vision, Dental, Hearing, Prescription drugs)
- Medicare eligibility
- Medicare Plans can be flexible
2. What is Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B?
- What is Medicare Part A
- What is Medicare Part B
- What is the difference between Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B
Want to learn more about Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B? Click here.
3. What is a Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plan?
- Medicare Advantage Plan Basic Information
- The four different types of Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs, PPOs, PFFS, SNPs)
- How much does a Medicare Advantage Plan Cost?
Want to learn more about Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plans? Click here.
4. What is a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan?
- Medicare Supplement Plan Basic Information
- Enrollment and Eligibility of Medicare Supplement Plans
- Why should people consider a Medicare Supplement Plan?
Want to learn more about Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plans? Click here.
5. What is a Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) Plan?
- Medicare Part D Plan Basic Information
- Enrollment and Eligibility of Medicare Part D
- Medicare Advantage Plans
Want to learn more about Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) Plans? Click here.
6. What type of Medicare Choices do people have?
- Steps on how to find the perfect Medicare plan
- Enrollment and Extra Help
7. The Essential 5Cs – How to Choose a Medicare Plan Confidently
- The Essential Steps of a Person Choosing a Medicare Plan (Cost, Care, Coverage, Convenience, Company)
Want to learn more on how to confidently choose a Medicare plan? Click here.
8. Extra Help with Medicare Costs
- How to Qualify for Extra Help
- Prescription Drug Premium Assistance
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)
- Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
Want to learn more about Medicare Extra Help? Click here.
9. Frequently Asked Questions
- Eligibility, Enrollment, Open Enrollment, Coverage, Special Needs plans, Travel, Premiums and more
10. Resources – where a person can continue to learn about Medicare
- Medicare Helpline
- Medicare & You – the official Medicare handbook
- Social Security Administration (helps with questions about eligibility for enrollment in Medicare, Social Security retirement, benefits and more
- State Resources
For a free download of easyMedicare.com’s “Making Sense of Medicare: The Medicare Basics” guide, click here.
• To learn more about Medicare Advantage plans, click here.
• To learn more about Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans, click here.
• To learn more about the Medicare Special Enrollment Period, click here.