Chief Operating Officer
GROW WITH US!
e-TeleQuote Insurance, Inc. is a leading independent digital insurance agency that offers consumers convenient access to Medicare insurance plans. Our supervisors and licensed agents represent nationally respected carriers using state-of-the-art technologies in secure, compliant and professional environments. We value integrity, consumer advocacy, and employee professional development while creating strategic value for our insurance carriers and stakeholders.
e-TeleQuote Insurance is on a consistent growth trajectory. Beginning with headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, e-TeleQuote has added two more Florida facilities (Brooksville and Fort Lauderdale) and a new Texas facility (New Braunfels). The company is now expanding with additional locations in the western United States. We are seeking creative and motivated leaders to contribute to our growth and performance goals.
Purpose of Role and Summary
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Sales Evangelist’s principal role is to develop and implement company-wide sales strategies that align with the company’s strategic plans and goals. The primary areas of responsibility include: business partnership, sales leadership, company culture and values, organizational development and compliance. The position is an integral part of the leadership team and works collaboratively to create and maintain a strong company culture aligned around e-TeleQuote’s core values, which results in a desirable work environment that integrates employee engagement and business success.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Business Partnership
- Participate in the development of e-TeleQuote’s corporate plans and initiatives as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the sales team.
- Translate the company’s strategic and tactical business plans into sales strategic and operational plans.
- Sales Leadership
- Lead the sales teams, operations and resources to achieve company sales goals.
- Direct the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Build and lead a highly effective, collaborative, and customer-focused sales team that regularly evaluates and improves its processes.
- Company Culture and Values
- Create and maintain culture of success and ongoing sales and goal achievement.
- Become known as an employer of choice that top sales people want to join.
- Organizational Development and Performance Management
- Define and implement an optimal sales leadership structure for call center operations.
- Oversee and improve the infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales team.
- Define and implement sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support of lead generation programs.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable leaders and agents to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- In conjunction with the site leadership, hire, train and develop sales leadership teams.
- Provide and manage detailed and accurate sales forecasts.
- Manage the use of budgets.
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Ensure that the company’s sales practices policies are created, updated, and administered consistently, support effective management of the sales resources of the company, and are compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Ensure up-to-date compliance with all state and federal laws, mandates, requirements and regulations concerning sales practices.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Successful experience building sales strategies and plans to achieve those strategies
- Successful experience leading a sales team in a rapidly growing company
- Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales teams against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
- Successful experience managing a team of salespeople
- Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Successful experience hiring and onboarding sales leaders
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leadership
- 3+ years in a senior leadership role responsible for working directly with other company leaders, establishing sales priorities, and managing a sales team
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience working with remote locations
The ideal candidate will exhibit or demonstrate the following competencies and attributes.
- Strong team orientation
- Resilience and flexibility
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Responds with a sense of urgency on escalated issues
- Delivers services with process improvement mindset to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Builds strong partnerships to foster trust and accountability with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated communication, feedback and coaching skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of management and across all functional areas
OTHER JOB ATTRIBUTES
- This job is performed in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work may be necessary on occasion.
- This position requires up to 25% domestic travel to company offices.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Excellent compensation with performance-based incentive
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life/AD&D, Supplemental Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) plans with company matching contribution