Chief People Officer
Chief People Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Grow With Us:
e-TeleQuote Insurance, Inc. is a leading independent digital insurance agency that offers consumers convenient access to Medicare insurance plans. Our supervisors and licensed agents represent nationally respected carriers using state-of-the-art technologies in secure, compliant and professional environments. We value integrity, consumer advocacy, and employee professional development while creating strategic value for our insurance carriers and stakeholders.
e-TeleQuote Insurance is on a consistent growth trajectory. Beginning with headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, e-TeleQuote has added two more Florida facilities (Brooksville and Fort Lauderdale) and a new Texas facility (New Braunfels). The Company is now expanding with additional locations in the western United States. For the past three years, Inc. 500 has recognized e-TeleQuote as one of the Top 500 fastest-growing private companies in America. We are seeking creative and motivated leaders to contribute to our growth and performance goals.
Purpose of Role and Summary
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief People Officer’s principal role is to develop and implement Company-wide people strategies that align with the Company’s strategic plans and goals. The primary areas of responsibility include: Company culture and values, business partnership and human resource leadership, workforce planning and talent acquisition, compensation and total rewards, performance management and organizational development, human resource systems, policies and processes, and compliance with employment laws and regulations. The position is an integral part of the leadership team and works collaboratively to create and maintain a strong Company culture aligned around e-TeleQuote’s core values, which results in a desirable work environment that integrates employee engagement and business success.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Company Culture and Values
- Lead the effort to refine, document and communicate the Company’s culture and core values.
- Provide advice and support to managers on employee-related issues to ensure consistent practices and alignment with the Company values.
- Investigate and address employee complaints/concerns to maintain a fair and constructive work environment consistent with e-TeleQuote’s culture.
- Frequently measure and analyze lagging and leading indicators of employee engagement and effectiveness; develop plans to address areas identified for improvements.
- Business Partnership and Human Resources Leadership
- Participate in the development of e-TeleQuote’s plans and initiatives as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate strategic and tactical business plans into human resource strategic and operational plans.
- Build and lead a highly effective, collaborative, and customer-focused human resources team that regularly evaluates and improves its processes.
- Workforce Planning and Talent Acquisition
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new initiatives/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Understand internal and external workforce demographic trends and develop strategies to ensure future access to sufficient talent with the necessary skills and mindset.
- Develop and manage a proactive and comprehensive recruiting strategy to attract and hire candidates with the best technical skills and experience as well as a mindset consistent with the Company’s internal culture and external brand.
- Develop and manage onboarding and orientation programs.
- Collaborate with the marketing and information technology teams to maximize the impact and effectiveness of talent acquisition strategies and processes.
- Compensation and Total Rewards
- Proactively manage the compensation and benefit programs to ensure that they are competitive, support Company objectives, are consistent with legal requirements, reward and provide incentives to employees appropriately, and achieve retention objectives.
- Develop and improve employee recognition programs to reinforce Company culture and provide recognition for employee performance.
- Performance Management and Organizational Development
- Create, implement and oversee a performance management system to ensure employees are receiving feedback on their performance and taking actions to advance their careers.
- Develop and implement succession plans for leadership positions to support the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain and update all job descriptions and career paths to bring clarity to roles and to the development required to advance.
- Human Resource Systems, Policies and Processes
- Manage the human resource information system and related technology to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ensure human resource information is accurate and supports the needs of executives, managers, and employees.
- Compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Ensure that the Company’s employment policies—such as affirmative action, harassment/discrimination/retaliation, disability management/interactive process/reasonable accommodation—are created, updated, and administered consistently, support effective management of the people resources of the Company, and are compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Ensure up-to-date compliance with all state and federal laws, mandates, requirements and regulations concerning human resource and employment practices.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of progressive and demonstrated success in HR, including experience in multiple facets of the HR function
- 3+ years in a senior leadership role responsible for working directly with other Company leaders, establishing HR priorities, and managing an HR group
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field; Master’s degree a plus
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Proven record of creating healthy organizations and helping drive a strong, positive culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated results in designing and implementing innovative HR programs as a result of staying current with the latest human resources trends and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of strategic human resources planning and management principles
- Experience working with remote locations
- Strong working knowledge of all disciplines of Human Resources, including state and federal employment law
The ideal candidate will exhibit or demonstrate the following competencies and attributes.
- Strong team orientation
- Resilience and flexibility
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Responds with a sense of urgency on escalated client/employee issues
- Delivers services with process improvement mindset to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Builds strong partnerships to foster trust and accountability with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated communication, feedback and coaching skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of management and across all functional areas
Other Job Attributes:
- The Chief People Officer manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work may be necessary on occasion.
- This position requires up to 25% domestic travel to Company offices.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation And Benefits:
- Excellent compensation with performance-based incentive
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Life/AD&D, Supplemental Life, Short and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) plans with Company matching contribution